If you want to roast frozen broccoli, I roasted mine with olive oil, salt, and pepper at 400°F for 20 minutes, turned the pieces, and roasted for another 10 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
This recipe is: vegan, vegetarian, gluten free
- 16 oz broccoli or vegetable of your choice, roasted
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese)
- salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan (or not) parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 10 oz pasta, gluten free if necessary
- Preheat oven for roasting vegetables, and begin roasting with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook pasta.
- While veggies are roasting and pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic and sauteé 1-2 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Add the wine. Stir and cook for 2-4 minutes, until wine has reduced by half.
- Whisk in the cornstarch, then slowly whisk in the almond milk. The mixture will be clumpy. Transfer the mixture to a blender and add the nutritional yeast, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Return the sauce to the skillet and warm over medium-low heat. Once the sauce has thickened, turn the heat to low and allow it to simmer until the pasta and vegetables are done.
- When cooked, add the vegetables and pasta directly to the sauce mixture and serve immediately, preferably with crushed red pepper on top.