Recipe adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie.
This recipe is: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free
- 10 oz pasta of choice (I used whole wheat linguine); or use gf pasta or veggie noodles
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1.25 cups milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond)
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
- heaping 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- optional: 1-2 tsp olive oil
- optional: nutritional yeast or parmesan for topping
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine avocado, milk, salt, and garlic powder (and olive oil, if using) in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Once pasta is finished, pour the avocado sauce into a medium saucepan and heat until boiling. Immediately stir in the pasta and turn off the heat. Serve immediately.