This recipe is: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free
- bread of choice (I use Arnold’s whole wheat Sandwich Thins)
- 5 Tofurky Hickory Smoked deli slices
- 1/4 apple, cut into thin slices (I used Fuji, but Granny Smith is also really good)
- handful of lettuce (I use a spinach/field greens mix)
- slice of cheese (I use Go Veggie cheddar)
- vegan honey mustard
- 1/2 cup vegannaise (canola oil mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- salt to taste
- optional: pinch of cayenne pepper
- Mix together all ingredients for the honey mustard.
- Place the deli slices on one piece of bread and top with the cheese. Place the apple slices on the other piece of bread. Toast, open-faced, until cheese is melted.
- Top the apples with about 1 tbsp of the honey mustard and a handful of lettuce. Put the two pieces of bread together and enjoy your sandwich!