This recipe is: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 oz meatless chicken tenders (I used Quorn)
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (I used green), diced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 tbsp hot sauce (more or less to taste, I used franks red hot)
- Optional: 4 oz cream cheese or cashew cream
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 4-5 minutes, until starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the carrots and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except cream, if using) and bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 35-45 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Alternatively, cook on low in a crock pot for 6-8 hours.
- If adding cream, turn off the heat and stir it in until fully incorporated. Serve topped with sour cream, green onions, avocado, tortilla chips, peppers, or whatever you want!