Recipe adapted from Recipe Tin Eats.
This recipe is: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp All Spice powder
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika (can substitute with sweet or ordinary paprika)
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper (or ½ tsp black pepper)
- 8 oz potatoes, 1/2″ dice
- 2- 15 oz cans of chickpeas, drained
- 14 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth/stock
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the spices and potato, and cook for 2 minutes. Add a splash of stock if the spices start to stick.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Add sour cream, yogurt, cashew cream, or cream cheese if you want a creamier curry. Add salt if necessary, and serve with rice.