Adapted from Isabel Eats.
This recipe is: vegetarian, gluten free
- 15 oz corn (I used frozen, but fresh and canned would work also)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use vegannaise)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cotija cheese, plus more for topping
- 15 oz can refried Beans (I used La Preferida vegetarian)
- 8 corn tostadas
- optional: chili powder and green onions for topping
Add corn, mayonnaise, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and 2 tbsp of cotija cheese to a large bowl. Mix together with a spoon until the corn is evenly coated with all the ingredients. Set aside.
Heat up the refried beans in a glass dish in the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until fully heated through.
To assemble, spread about 3 to 4 tablespoons of refried beans onto each tostada and top with a scoop or two of the corn mixture.
Sprinkle with some cotija cheese, a dash of chili powder, and/or green onions.