Adapted from Giada de Laurentiis.
This recipe is: vegetarian, gluten free
- 10 oz frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil, more to taste
- 10 oz pasta of choice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water when done.
- Combine peas, garlic, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Process into a coarse paste. With the machine running, add the olive oil. Season pesto with additional salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste.
- Return cooked pasta to the pot and add the pesto. If pesto is too thick and not coating the pasta well, add reserved pasta water by the tablespoon, until desired consistency is reached. Stir in the cherry tomatoes and serve.