Recipe adapted from Vegan Yumminess.
This recipe is: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free
- 10 oz pasta of choice
- 1 cup peeled/diced yellow potatoes (or russets)
- ¼ cup peeled/diced carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup water (use liquid from pot of boiled veggies)
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp vegannaise
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook macaroni al dente, according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.
- Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot. Place chopped potatoes, carrots, onion, and cashews in the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend. Cooking time will vary slightly, based on how small you chopped your veggies.
- When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add about ¾ cup of the cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over your cooked macaroni noodles in a dish of your choice, taste for salt, and serve immediately, topped with paprika and parsley.