Adapted from As the Bunny Hops.
- whole portobella mushrooms (slider size) or baby bella mushrooms
- 8 oz cream cheese or neufchâtel, left out to reach room temperature
- about 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10-12 oz marinated artichokes, quartered and drained
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chopped spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Clean and hull mushrooms with a sharp-edged spoon or melon baller.
- Combine the cooked spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, mayo, parmesan, and mozzarella, and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into hulled mushrooms.
- Top with a light sprinkle of mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until tops are browned, about 25 minutes. Broil for a minute or two at the end to get crispy tops. Top with crushed red pepper.