From Food and Wine.
- 2 medium ears of corn, kernels cut off (1 1/2 cups)
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup tomatoes (I used 2 roma tomatoes), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the corn kernels until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, stir the corn with the black beans, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, hot sauce and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 cups.