heavily adapted from Rasa Malaysia.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 can green curry paste (Maesri is recommended, use less if you don’t want it to be very spicy)
- 1/2 tofu block, cut into 1″ cubes or triangles; pressed and baked or fried
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 oz bamboo shoots
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp vegan fish sauce (2 parts stock, 1 part soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- optional: chopped cilantro, for garnish
Heat up a pot over medium heat and add the oil. Saute the green curry paste until aromatic. Add the coconut milk and bring it to a quick boil.
Add the bamboo shoots, kaffir lime leaves, tofu, and bell pepper. Lower the heat to simmer, cover the pot and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the curry slightly thickens.
Add the fish sauce and basil leaves. Stir to mix well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with steamed rice, topped with cilantro if desired.