A recipe for using leftovers! Pretty much any roasted vegetables, grains, and greens can be subbed in here.
TURMERIC CREAM (makes 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
FOR THE BOWL
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (1/4 cup dry quinoa + 1/2 cup stock or water, simmer for ~15min, steam for ~5min)
- 3/4 cup cooked greens
- 3/4 cup roasted sweet potatoes (1/2-in cubes; 400F for 40-45min, turning halfway)
- 1 Tbsp toasted pepitas
- optional: lime quarters, chopped cilantro for topping
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream and turmeric and bring to a lively simmer, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the salt and sour cream. Any extra can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the quinoa, greens, and sweet potatoes in the microwave, stovetop, or other preferred method. Arrange in a bowl and top with toasted pumpkin seeds, turmeric cream, and optional lime and cilantro.
NOTE: for a vegan option, try using coconut milk instead of the dairy to make turmeric cream. Vegan sour cream and other non-dairy milk could also work.