Combining chocolate, avocados, almond milk, maple syrup and optional matcha (green tea powder), this luscious vegan mousse will satisfy any sweet tooth. For a light and fluffy texture, serve the mousse immediately after making it. If you like, you can let it stand at room temperature or refrigerate for up to an hour after whipping it up. It will become thicker and firmer—more like fudge than a mousse—and will still taste delicious.
from Williams Sonoma.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 5 ounces (155 g) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup (2 1/4 oz./65 g) Dutch process cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- 2/3 cup (5 fl. oz./160 ml) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (5 1/2 oz./170 g) agave, honey, or maple syrup
- optional: 2 Tablespoons matcha
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) pistachios, finely chopped
- optional, for serving: Cocoa powder, flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine the avocados, chocolate, cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, matcha, vanilla and kosher salt and blend on low speed until combined. Scrape down the sides, then process until the mixture is silky smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Divide the mousse among six 4–fl. oz. (125-ml) ramekins. Top with the pistachios, dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle with flaky salt.