A perfectly refreshing summer salad!
adapted from Food Network.
- 1 store-bought naan, large diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small cucumber, halved and sliced into half-moons
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries or peaches (or favorite seasonal fruit)
- Balsamic reduction, for drizzling
- optional, for garnish: Edible flowers (I used marigolds)
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cup plain yogurt of choice (any plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt works well here)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (if using Greek yogurt, you’ll probably want less lemon juice)
- Agave nectar or honey, to taste (I used about 1-2 Tablespoons)
- Olive oil and kosher salt, to taste
- Mint chutney, to taste (I used a bit less than half of this one)
- With the oven rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On the baking sheet, toss the pieces of naan with the oil. Lightly season with salt. Bake for about 12 minutes or until toasty and golden brown. Toss a few times during cooking.
- In the meantime, mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, adding a bit of olive oil if necessary to loosen it up a bit. Add salt to taste.
- Add the naan to a large bowl with the tomatoes and cucumbers. Mix in the dressing and transfer everything to a large serving platter. Top with strawberries, balsamic reduction, and edible flowers, if using. It’s okay to let this sit a bit (10-15 minutes) before serving, as the crispy bread will continue to soak up the dressing.