adapted from Isabel Eats.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 3 ears of corn, or 15 ounces frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 large summer squash, sliced into half moons
- 1 3/4 cups or 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- optional: 1/2 cup Mexican cream or sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, poblanos, and jalapenos. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add corn and tomatoes. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, garlic, salt, black pepper, oregano and ground cumin. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Add water and black beans to skillet, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and add sour cream, if using. Remove from heat and serve immediately as taco filling, in a burrito bowl, or however you prefer.