lightly adapted from Trader Joe’s.
- 1 pound hearty pasta (orecchiette is great)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Trader Joe’s Italian Bomba Hot Pepper Sauce (or any Calabrian Chile paste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for garnish
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts salted water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water for sauce.
- Add oil, garlic, lemon zest, and bomba sauce to the same pot and sauté over medium heat until garlic and lemon are fragrant. Add pasta and cheese to skillet and fold gently to coat. Add reserved pasta water a splash at a time, until the sauce has come together and is the consistency that you want. Remove from heat and fold in lemon juice. Divide pasta among serving bowls and garnish with more cheese before serving.